Best Mobile Casinos for January
Best Mobile Casinos in New Zealand Players. Claim the best bonuses available for mobile devices in January 2022, offered by verified casinos.
Top 6 Mobile Casinos Overview Comparison
Spin Casino is 100% Mobile Friendly
NZ$1000 Deposit Bonus for the New Users
Be Aware: Depositing $10 at Spin Casino, you'll have to wager $700
Mobile Casino - Jackpot City
Up to NZ$1600 over 4 Deposits
Be Aware: Depositing $10 at Jackpot City, you'll have to wager $700
200+ Mobile Games at Sky City
20 Sign-up Spins + First Deposit Bonus of 100% up to NZ$100 + 100 Wager-Free Spins
Be Aware: Depositing $10 at Sky City, you'll have to wager $350
Gaming Club Casino: Mobile Bonus
Match Bonus up to NZ$350
- 10 NZD
- 1 day
- 4000 NZD
- 6 months ago
Be Aware: Depositing $10 at Gaming Club, you'll have to wager $700
Mobile Games at Playerz
Up to C$1500 + 50 Extra Spins
- 10 NZD
- 1500 NZD
- 1 day
- 5500 NZD
- 7 months ago
Be Aware: Depositing $10 at Playerz, you'll have to wager $400
Casino Room is deal for mobile devices
100% UP TO $1500 + 100 FREE SPINS
Be Aware: Depositing $15 at Casino Room, you'll have to wager $525
ⓘ Advertiser Disclosure: All the online casino providers mentioned on our websites are affiliated with us. So, this influences our decision of placing casino operators on different lists. However, this would never affect our honesty and way of reviewing them. All the information, reviews, ratings, and bonuses of casinos are true to the facts. We never compromise when it comes to providing quality casinos to the Kiwis. Learn more about how we review casinos.
What is a Mobile Casino?
When online gaming was launched in the mid-1990s, the concept was revolutionary in that no one needed to physically travel to a casino to gamble. The online casinos allow for the appropriate software to be downloaded to a desktop or laptop, and clients could enjoy gambling from the comforts of their own homes.
Ten years later, the first mobile casinos came out, taking the revolution one step further. Online casinos now worked with software providers to put the casino right on an iOS or Android mobile phone. Now, even the laptop or desktop is no longer necessary, though the games offered may vary a bit. Essentially, the casino is in your pocket wherever you are. This is the ultimate step towards 24/7 access and ease of use.
You can gamble on mobile casinos in one of two ways:
- Download mobile apps and use them as the interface through which the customer interacts with the online casino, and
- Utilize In-browser gaming, where the mobile user logs on to the internet browser of the casino, posts the username and password on their account and proceeds to wager without downloading apps or any other software.
Mobile Casinos vs. Desktop Casinos
As explained above, the mobile casino has radically advanced the technology that online (desktop) casinos started to deliver to gaming enthusiasts from the mid-1990s onwards. Today, desktop casinos are still available, but more and more providers are going towards mobile casinos as the wave of the future.
The table below lists some of the advantages and disadvantages of using mobile vs. desktop gaming.
|Features Comparison||Mobile Casinos||Desktop Casinos|
|Overall Experience||Comparable to desktop these days with advances in technology||Comparable, except you, have a bigger screen|
|Number of Games Offered||Less than desktop casinos but are fast catching up and may equal or overtake them. Some providers now release to mobile-first, even exclusively at times.||Slightly ahead for now. For example, there are some hugely popular slots that do not yet have mobile versions.|
|Convenience and Access||For people on the go, mobile casinos are the ultimate solution||People that prefer gambling their home or other fixed spots may prefer desktop casinos|
As these comparisons show, mobile casinos are the future. They may overtake desktop casinos as technology and the development of games continues to focus on catering to mobile users.
How We Choose Mobile Friendly Casinos on Our Page
The growth in mobile casinos has been driven by certain aspects:
- Technology – Without radical advances in device hardware (which allows high-resolution displays, multi-core processing and lots of RAM), the HTML5 mobile browser, user interface, the development of app stores and better internet connections, widespread adoption would not be possible.
- Security – This remained a major focus for the longest time, especially with certain deposit and withdrawal methods that linked personal financial information to banking functions. This aspect has improved tremendously for the good casinos. KYC is a big part of the equation, as is the security of the transactions themselves.
- Quality and array of games, promotions, the minimum amounts of deposits and wagers, betting odds available, ease of use (including deposits and withdrawals) and customer service. Details on some of these features are posted on the sites, others can be gleaned from customer reviews and our own experiences.
We consider each of the above areas while making our decision.
The Types of Games Available at Mobile Casinos
There are typically hundreds of games available through mobile casinos. They are developed in one of several ways:
- In some cases, some of the legacy online casino games developers, like Microgaming, have chosen a selection of their best slot games and made them compatible with mobile phone technology.
- In other cases, top providers like Net Entertainment (NetEnt) are creating innovative games that are available on mobile apps before being downloadable from desktop to laptop.
- Finally, there is a new generation of “mobile-only” casino games developers that are driving the market.
As an example, a trusted brand like Casino Classic offers more than 500 games, the majority of which are available on their mobile casinos.
Game choices include all of the usual suspects, including but not limited to:
- Scratch card
- Slots, and
- All varieties of poker games
One of the fun parts about mobile casinos is the variety and variations of standard games that some of the well-known online casinos provide.
Top 5 Mobile Casinos in New Zealand
Our top 5 mobile casinos in New Zealand, ranked based on multiple criteria as mentioned above, are as follows:
- LeoVegas: A household name, one of the older casinos on the NZ market and the first to be developed mobile-first, licensed by tier 1 regulators such as the UKGC. Has a huge selection of games (almost 600 slots), and is known for generous payouts and good customer service.
- SkyCity: A local brand that has expanded to the online market in 2020, they use gaming innovation group (GIG)’s backend which is very good for mobile users. They offer many games, along with a 100% match welcome bonus up to NZD $100 and 100 free spins.
- Jackpot City: One of the largest online casinos in terms of the worldwide player base, online since ’98 but has kept up with technology advancements and now have a sleek and responsive mobile interface. They offer new players large bonuses and are rated highly for gaming options and security.
- Wheelz: A new brand launched in late 2020, built with a mobile-first interface by Rootz Ltd., an up-and-coming player in the casino industry. Along with many games, Wheelz offers a 100% matching welcome bonus up to NZD $300 and 25 free spins.
- Casumo: A modern brand, licensed by the UKGC, intuitive, user-friendly and mobile-first interface. Powered by a NetEnt backbone, Casumo offers over 800 games, excellent promotions and welcome bonuses.
Top Mobile Casinos with the NZD$1 Deposit (and No Deposit Offers)
While the casinos listed above are rated the best overall, sometimes gamblers may want to focus on specific items, such as promotions and bonuses.
A great promotion offered by many mobile casinos in New Zealand is the NZD$1 Deposits for free spins, whereby new gamblers who deposit only 1 NZD$ can get a large number of spins from many casinos.
As Kiwigambler shows in this list (https://kiwigambler.co.nz/online-casinos/1-deposit-casinos/casino-classic), – nine of the ten casinos listed offer a large number of free spins, ranging from 41 to 105, after an NZD$ 1 deposit.
There are also some casinos that offer free spins with no deposits at the outset.
Pay by Mobile Deposits
All mobile casino apps are highly encrypted so that they can collect deposits, or allow withdrawals, without comprising any of your secure financial or personal information. They employ the same Secure Sockets Layer data encryption that is used by banks or desktop casinos to protect all identity and financial details.
Initially, customers are asked for ID and other documentation during the registration process. Once an online account has been set up, there are many ways to deposit through mobile casinos include bank transfers, major credit cards (especially Visa and Mastercard), PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, PaySafeCard, Girocard, iDeal and iDebit. Some online casinos accept cryptocurrencies as well.
The mobile apps make transactions easy with good online casinos. Deposits are instantaneous, withdrawals typically happen within 1-3 days and there are usually no fees involved. However, there are a few things to note:
- Check with your favourite mobile casino on whether they allow withdrawals through your preferred means. Occasionally, there may be methods through which deposits are allowed, but not withdrawals – and vice versa.
- If the same method can be used for both, then mobile casinos may prefer to issue withdrawals using the same method you made your deposit (which source has already been verified).
- Also, there may be additional KYC from time to time. This is to make the transactions even more secure.
If you are looking to gamble online in New Zealand, there is no shortage of options available to you both domestically and internationally. While you can gamble on casino sites from other countries, New Zealand has worked hard to enforce regulations to keep domestic gambling safe and fun for ever
The gambling industry has seen some of its most tremendous growth within the last decade – and it’s exciting to watch new trends unfold and become the norm during these shifts. Currently, online slots are the most popular games at online casinos, reaching players across demographics a
This article is aimed at helping you find casinos near you if you live in New Zealand. It is a comprehensive guide aimed at helping people, regardless of whether they are tech-savvy or not. We present how to use Google Maps and Yelp in order to help you find the nearest casino and a casino that s
In the wide world of cryptocurrency, you have a lot of options. You can risk your investment in new crypto or go with a tried and true currency. However, you will want the most popular cryptocurrency when playing online gambling. Below are the top 10 most popular cryptocurrencies in online gambli
Below are seven basic tips on how to improve your pokie experience. While pokies are truly a game of chance, there are ways to get the most out of your pokies. This guide will detail each of the above methods and explain how they help. Find the RTP of the pokie Ever wondered about how much you’
Here are the top 10 New Zealand online casinos with the highest RTP: Casino RTP Dream Vegas 98.1% Dunder Casino 97.85% Jackpot City 97.84% LeoVegas 97.63% Spin Casino 97.59% Ruby Fortune 97.49% Casumo 97.27% Playzee 96.85% Twin Casino 96.81% Gaming Club 96.16% Now you know the top 10 highest RTP
Frequently Asked Questions
Do mobile casinos provide good odds and promotions?
Absolutely. There are no tangible differences between mobile and desktop casinos in this regard. While the number of games offered may vary, there are a large number of bonuses and other promotions that will be available to Kiwi gamblers that utilize mobile casinos.
What about loyalty programs?
Many of the best online (and mobile) casinos are members of large groups such as Casino Rewards, which allows mobile casino patrons to gain points and participate with dozens of casinos globally.
Can I find real money online pokies on mobile casinos?
Without a doubt. Every good casino, especially the ones we recommended earlier, will have many online slot options. There may be some games that are only available on desktop, but there will be hundreds of options on mobile casinos, many with great promotions.
Can I expect to win more often than I lose?
Unfortunately, the odds are usually stacked in favor of the house, especially with the vig factored in. Unless you win close to 60% of similarly sized bets, chances are that you may end up under water. This is why its important to gamble responsibly and not go overboard.
Who regulates responsible gaming in New Zealand?
The Ministry of Health in New Zealand constantly watches over and warns people of telltale signs of hyperactivity, mental stress or spending more money than they can afford.